The Roar of Easter


This past Saturday my house came awfully close to being dismantled and destroyed by a tornado.

I was in my living room with my wife and my two daughters as a storm approached, but my home was never in danger. Lightning began striking all around my house, but my home was never in danger. Thunder shook my house, but my home was never in danger. The wind grew furious, but my home was never in danger. Siding ripped off the house, but my home was never in danger. A wall caved into the attic, but my home was never in danger. A terrible storm roared, but my home was never in danger.

You see, my home is not in Holly Springs, NC. My home is in heaven in the presence of Jesus. My earthly house may have been threatened by the roar of an earthly storm, but my eternal home has been secured by an eternal roar. My home in heaven has been secured by the roar of Easter.

It is the roar of my sin being placed on the perfect and sinless Son of God. It is the roar of divine wrath being poured out on the Christ on account of my sin. It is the roar of the Messiah exchanging His righteousness for my sin. It is the roar of Jesus declaring, "It is finished!" It is the roar of the shed blood and broken body earning my forgiveness. It is the roar of Jesus dying that I may have eternal life. But it is also the roar of the grave stone being rolled away. It is the roar of Jesus walking out of the tomb. It is the roar of the Resurrection. It is the roar of the victory of Jesus over sin and death. It is the roar that secured a home for me in glory.

Amos 1:2 says, "The LORD roars from Zion." That is our God! He roars in holy love. He roars to secure a people for His own possession. He roars that He may be our God and we may be His people. This is the roar of Easter!

I pray you and your family may hear God's roar loudly this week as you think about the significance of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

In awe of Jesus,
Rick Gutierrez

Comments

  1. Thanks for a great night of worship. Already getting excited about Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you guys are okay. Please let us know what we can do to help you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Only One Life ~ a poem by C. T. Studd

The Woke Religion Part 2

Ownership Attitude